• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphics Processor Grayed out in Photoshop 2017.1.1

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the lastest version of Photoshop with my computer (HP Prodesk 600 G2) with AMD Radeon R9 M360 and integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 Running Windows 7 (Build 7601) the "graphics processor" is blank and grayed out under performance. Sniffer.exe also crashes with the configurations. Below screenshot of it running with -verbose=1 shows a segmentation fault during execution while processing the Intel card. And when opening a file, the message about minimum vram requirements for 3d features shows.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, according to Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ , you're well within specs for Photoshop, so perhaps there's an issue with the driver? May I assume you've updated to the most recent for your system? One more thing to consider - 2gb vram is great for most 3d applications, but if you're opening a document with a LOT of math, perhaps that file needs more?

If those issues are all in order, I'd request some help from Adobe themselves, as they may be able to troubleshoot your specific issue - or make a ticket, in case there're more people experiencing this problem with the more recent upgrade...
contact-bumper

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich has two graphics cards, the high performance AMD and the Power saving Intel 530. Usually the default is "automatic" switching between the two which sometimes doesn't work.

This section shows how to solve that problem by choosing the AMD Card as the preferred card.

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct. The computer is also a desktop, which means that the automatic switching function that is referenced in the troubleshooting is not a feature, as it is only available for laptops as part of the power options. That leave the option of disabled the integrated graphics which is and unacceptable solution, as i need it to support my workstation's screen. I have also verified that windows, Photoshop and the relevant drives are up to date with the manufactures.

This issue lies in the underlying application, and the sniffer.exe (or another component) crashing during execution. I was hoping someone from Adobe might want logs or crash dump files of some sort that might help them diagnose the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too have a desktop computer, running the latest Windows 10 (creator) and Photoshop CC 2017.1.1. After the recommended AMD graphics card (R7 200 Series) did not work with PS, I installed their Crimson 17.7.1 which worked fine with LR but again, PS crashed and then booted up but had disabled the graphics card because it could not detect any card. Needless to say, it took some time to try to figure out what was wrong. To cut a long story short, when I looked at the Radeon settings, I noticed that my TV which is connected to the computer was listed as primary monitor while the computer monitor was considered secondary. My guess is that PS only looked at the primary monitor, the TV and could not find a card. When I set my computer monitor as primary and the now turned on TV as number 2 (which it should have been to begin with), PS detected the graphics card and all is well, for now.

I don't know whether my experience is helpful to anyone with more than one monitor or with a connected TV but perhaps it is worth a try for those who have not found other working solutions.

JB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines