• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEG sequences don't work

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working for years with JPEG sequences, but since I upgraded to CC 2017 they don't work anymore. I get frozen frames, or frames in the wrong order. I requested support to Adobe but they couldn't fix the issue and they told me to wait until the next update. I did, but the problem remains. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xavieraaaaa are you using 14.2 ? check and see if you do.

if you are then create a new project and import a jpeg sequence and show us what's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei,

I am using 14.2. I created a new project, imported a jpeg sequence. All I get is a frozen frame, both in the project and if I make a movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please show a full screenshot of your Ae interface. highlight the sequence in the project panel so we can examine its properties, and also make the timeline fully visible so we can see the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Adobe Support again about this issue. They couldn't tell me what's wrong and they said a more expert person would contact me soon to fix the issue but it didn't happen.

Would you still want to see the settings and properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xavieraaaaa,

Did you ever solve this issue? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

It seems like there's an issue with rgb profiles from illustrator jpeg files but I still haven't received a proper answer. I also asked for a complaints email but got no answer either. For now I'm creating my sequences with premiere and then working with the videos on after effects  but obviously this is not the best nor the most efficient way to work.

Thanks for asking,

Xaviera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

By what application did you create the original jpeg sequence files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! With Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on tech support long ago, this is your best bet for help, the experts here really are experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you open any of the sequential files by Photoshop CC 2017 without problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Also, still jpeg files (not sequences) from Illustrator don't work either on AE so I usually open, save and close them with Photoshop and then they're good. I suppose it's again because of the rgb profiles but it's still sort of ridiculous having to do this to be able to work.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always go back a revision If it's that painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines