• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error that project was created with different version & I need to update AE, but it is UTD!

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally installed the latest update a couple of weeks ago, but when I try to open a project it gives me an error that says:

The file you are attempting to open was created with After Effects version 14.0.1 (Macintosh 64) and cannot be opened with this version.  See adobe.com/aftereffects for information about upgrading your software.

But my After Effects is up to date!  What is the problem & how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance! 

xoxo

~ Suzann

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what exact version do you actualyl use? You have left out the most important info nor have you provided any info about your system, details about the project and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version number of AE that you are using?

How you find the exact version number depends on what OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Suzann,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines