• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fraudulent charges for Adobe Stock?

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I became an AdobeStock member when Dollar Photo Club went under. I came in for one year of Adobe Stock at $9.99 per month. My one year subscription was set to end in February/March of 2017. In January, using the online chat feature, I spoke to a representative and told them I could not find an online place to cancel my membership, so I needed their help. After chatting with their off-shore representative I was assured that auto-renewal was now set to "OFF" and I would not have my Adobe Stock subscription auto-renewed.

Well guess what?

I went into my account today and I found out that Adobe has been charging me $29.99 a month in March, April, and May of 2017. I immediately went to the online chat and requested that these charges be refunded and the service be cancelled. The person who was chatting with me asked for the "ticket number" to prove that I had properly cancelled this service.

WHAT?

There was no ticket number. So the chat representative said they would connect me to someone who could help. Well, of course, the NEW rep ALSO required the ticket number! I told them I have no such number, and I was told they can't help me.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

I have contacted my credit card company and disputed all charges from Adobe since the time I chatted with their customer service center. In reading online, it appears that Adobe makes cancelling services/auto-renewals extremely difficult and punitive. I am considering the possibility of contacting an attorney regarding the possibility of a class-action lawsuit over these deceptive business practices.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

I find that odd, as Adobe support uses your Adobe ID to look up past cases. And unless you had a large number of cases it should be very easy to find who and when you talked to them.

Anyways, you may contact @AdobeCare through Twitter for faster account related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that odd, as Adobe support uses your Adobe ID to look up past cases. And unless you had a large number of cases it should be very easy to find who and when you talked to them.

Anyways, you may contact @AdobeCare through Twitter for faster account related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about how their ticket system works. The original representative had a very difficult time finding my account using my e-mail address, then they transferred me to another representative. It was very, very difficult to get this taken care of. Then after explaining again that I simply didn't want to renew my service I was told that it was taken care of.

Well, I've calmed down since I wrote the original post. I was in shock over this, and the online reps were no help at all. I was told without a ticket number they would be unable to resolve it. Seems quite shady to me, but that's just my opinion.

Anyhow, I spoke to my credit card company and they reversed the charges and I checked my account and saw that it was done, the card company said the case is closed and they found in my favor. So it would appear that i am whole again. No thanks to Adobe for that, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same issue. I did not end up needing the full amount of the images in the $30 subscription so I called to cancel in Spring 2017 and was told that I would be charged a big ETF but they offered to discount my subscription instead. I agreed and reiterated over and over that I did NOT want to auto-renew. I was assured that my account would not auto renew.

Of course it auto renewed so I called AGAIN and was left on hold for an exceptionally long time (seems like a tactic to get rid of you so that you can't get them to stop stealing from you) and finally got someone who promised to cancel my account and waive the termination fee for this new, unauthorized contract.

Today I find that they are STILL charging me and I have been dealing with a Chat agent for almost 40 minutes. They promised a quick transfer to their "relevant team" and I have been on hold for 27 minutes so far on this "quick" transfer.

I am having the transcript of the chat mailed to me, which says "Thank you for your patience. Your wait time is approximately '0' minutes" over and over and over for 20+ minutes so that I can include it in a complaint to the FTC for fraudulent charges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had the same issue. I originally looked at the adobe stock but when I found it didn’t have what I needed I logged out and moved on with my search. I received an email a month later saying that my free trial was up and I would be charged 29.99 for the subscription. I immediately logged on to cancel and was hit with the message that to cancel I would be charged for half of the remaining subscription, mind you this was a subscription that I had never agreed to, Nor had I signedI up for. I called the help line and got a customer service rep that was obviously in another country and while he was very nice and assured me that the charges would be reversed and the subscription cancelled.  Unfortunately that isn’t what happene!!!! Yesterday I got another email saying that I would be charged for a second month at 29.99. I called back and was told it had not been canceled and that they needed my ticket number to process my complaint and resolve the issue. What ticket number!!!!!!!! I wasn’t given a ticket nor was I sent an email with any information about said number. The customer service rep proceeded to call me a liar in every way without actually using those words. He actually implied that as a woman I just might not remember that I’d singed up and I should ask my husband to sort it out for me or for him to give me the money to cover my mistake or my lapsed memory, I am guessing from my weak, feeble woman’s brain.

I am completely on board with an and all legal actions that anyone wants to start due to this huge scam. I’ll be calling my bank as well as the BBB in the morning to file a fraud charge. What a nasty little racket this company has going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alphalupa

On 21st Feb you signed up for the Adobe Stock 10 images/month plan, where the first month is free. 

If you cancel during the first month, your credit card is not charged.  If you cancel within 14 days after the beginning of the 2nd month's billing cycle, you'll be fully refunded.  If you cancel after the 14th day of the 2nd month's billing cycle, you'll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation.  This is covered in the terms that need to be agreed to before you sign up.

I am sorry you had a poor experience with the support team.  Unfortunately there is no log of these contacts in your account so we're unable to address this with the agents involved.

I will arrange for your Stock subscription to be cancelled and the charges refunded as you have not used the licenses.

Kind regards

Bev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you!

I see amounts of 30€, when Adobe has stolen me 119€. It was supposed to be free, they have charged me 40€ in my credit card + 119€ ore for cancelling.

shame on you adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ramon,

I believe the charges that you're referring to have been there because of the subscription cancellation before the contract completion.

As per the Legal subscription terms | Adobe the early termination fee has been charged.

You may also Contact Customer Care for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU AND YOUR COMPANY ARE A FRAUD!  YOU FAIL TO CANCEL WHEN THE CUSTOMER WISHES.  YOU'RE UN-CONTACTABLE AND YOU'RE CHARGING EARLY CANCELLATION FEES.

BUYER BEWARE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I apologize for the troubles here.

I did check your account and it seems that your Adobe Creative Cloud subscription is cancelled.

However, the Adobe Stock subscription is still active and you can reach support here: Contact Customer Care for cancellation requests and refund queries.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jiml57238982  wrote

(...) YOU'RE CHARGING EARLY CANCELLATION FEES.

It’s very clearly shown in the subscription terms. There is also a subscription on the month that is more expensive, but does not come with early termination fees.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just cancelled AdobeStock subscription. Adobe screen suggests charging of an early-termination fee. This is a complete surprise to me. I do not recall seeing any such terms at account activation. Tried to contact Adobe via Customer Care but cannot find chat or telephone. Guess Adobe prefer use public forum rather than private comms to discuss account issues. This is deceptive nonsense. Adobe, if any early-termination fees are charged then I will ask credit card company to reject them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the terms and conditions you agreed on. It’s not that you are surprised, that they are not there.

Now customer care is here: Contact Customer Care

Report back if you still have problems contacting Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no recollection of such unreasonable terms. Complete surprise.

Tried to use Contact Customer Care website but I can find no means whatsoever to connect with a real person. Webpage loops to FAQ that loops back to Customer Care. Have tried on two browsers - Safari & Firefox. Should I try twitter instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been very frustrating reaching out to adobe to contest charges they were getting from my account every month for $30 for adobe that I did not sign up for. I need help please! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R.,
It appears that you signed up for a trial several months ago and didn't cancel before it renewed. I can see you have not used any of the licenses since your first month. Please contact Customer Care for further assistance in cancelling your subscription, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock charged $29.99 for over a year. I never used the service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that I am subscribed to this '10 assets per month' plan which I didn't even know what it was and it is added up with my Creative Cloud All Apps subscription in my account. I haven't even got Adobe Stock installed. 

I am confused and to be honest this really bummed me out , money has been charged on my debit card. 

Also while cancelling the plan it is deducting inr 13000  for cancelling the annual subscription. please help me get my money back. I got cheated for the service i never used.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see any active Adobe Stock subscription associated with the Adobe ID you are using here on the forums. Please confirm that you are signed into https://account.adobe.com with the correct Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started