• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just tried to download a my fourth book from my local library, the first three downloaded without a hitch, but now I get this message

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

I have reinstalled Digital Downloads twice still get the same message, I also deauthorised and reauthorised with my adobe ID but still get the same message.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Hi there.  I upgraded to 4.5.4 yesterday and the problem was still there afterwards.  I also updated Adobe Air just in case as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if a eBook of a other source work: Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I was able to download a book from the Adobe sample library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue with library books through Overdrive. I can download a book from the above sample ebook library as well though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Could you please try updating ADE to the latest version and see if that resolves the issue?

You may visit the following link for the same:

Download | Adobe Digital Editions

You may also refer to the following links discussing the same issue:

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR - ACSM

Error getting license License server communication problem: E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  I upgraded to 4.5.4 yesterday and the problem was still there afterwards.  I also updated Adobe Air just in case as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, today I just retried the ebooks I had on loan from my library's Overdrive, and it worked! Yay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem today (E-LIC-LICENSE-SIGN-ERROR) and I have installed the latest Digital Editions version (4.5.8), so please let me know what I can do to resolve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with books purchased through Kobo & also cannot borrow from library.
No problem last week with Kobo. Also can still download all older books purchased through Kobo (in My books) but not new books.
Today also cannot download from library - fine a week ago.

Have upgraded digital editions
have deauthorised & re-authorised

Version 4.5.8.183423
Is there a way to revert to an earlier, functioning version?  or??
Spent 1/2 yesterday online with Kobo help and got nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same error issue, tried all the above (including two versions of ADE) after chatting with two Kobo support people. I went back in to Kobo and purchased another cheap book to test it and it worked. So the book I previously purchased 24th August maybe has a corrupted ACSM file? I like to keep the actual epub file on my PC and then transfer to my Kobo e reader. To get my book, I had to sync the e reader to access it, but I'd  rather have the file which isn't on the reader now. Shouldn't be this hard, never had any probs before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I have re-installed the latest Digital Editions version (4.5.8) but it does not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marianne from ams: I also have to same e_lic_license_sign_error installing 458 did not help, rebooting did not help, de-authorize and authorize did not help; please let me know how to solve this, just bought a bunch of books, so a bit frustrated now; thanks for following up shortly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, very same problem for me. Version installed 4.5.8, never faced this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, uninstalling and updating ADE did not help.

Any solutions yet? Been spending an hour trying to fix it instead of reading..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue for me too. the interesting thing about this error is no one has any idea about it. there is no explanation and a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem.. please make an explanation adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - same problem in France with ADE 4.5.8.183423

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

message is now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir

Idem pour moi

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone from adobe share if a solution is available, many people are waiting on an answer. Does anyone know about another tool I could use, I really want to get the books on my reader before I go on my holiday. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it I was able to read my Epub in Adobe Dital Edition !!

The first shot I had an error E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED
I have re-downloaded the file ascm and there more problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tout semble revenu à la normale ( après avoir toutefois du recharger les fichiers ascm)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried redownloading the book which failed for me on August 24th, and this time it opened in ADE. So I guess it's Monday and someone who knows how to reboot the licence server came in today....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also downloaded again the book, and this time it is opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines