• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 "Reload Footage" not working

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some issues, which I did not have with previous versions.

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Import an image to a project  (ex: input.jpg)

2. Drag&Drop the image to create a new composition ( ex: input)

3. Locate the image on HardDisk, delete it, then copy a new image to this location and rename it with exactly the same name.  (ex: input.jpg)

4. Go to AE, Right click on the image -> "Reload Footage"

5. Try to render "input" composition

Results:

AE is not reloading the image, it continues showing the old image. Even when you render the composition, it will render the old image

Expected Results:

AE should reload the content showing the new image as it happens in older versions like AE CC 2014. It also should render the new image.

Someone else is facing the same issue? Please if you have 3 minutes to make a test and share your results with me I will be very grateful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of AE are you using? There were some jpg issues that got bugged in a recent update and then mostly fixed in another one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 14.1.0.57. I am gonna update to the latest version and see wether it solves my issue or not.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not work neither. I am making the test with AE 14.2.0.198, I think it's the latest version.

It's the same bug... If I replace the JPG footage on my disk and then try to "reload footage", AE won't reload the content, it will preview and render the old image instead of the new one.

I also have AE CC 2014 (13.0.0.214) and it works perfectly, once I replace the footage on disk and click on "reload footage", AE shows the new image, so it seems to be an AE CC 2017 issue.

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy. Please file a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dfdiaza,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin.

No, I was not able to solve the issue with After Effects CC 2017, I had to downgrade to After Effects CC 2014, as it works correctly in that version.

I filled in a bug report for AE CC 2017, but I never received any email or confirmation about the issue.

Regards,

Diego

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines