Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to run Photoshop CS on XP machine

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a monthly subscriber and run Photoshop CC 2015 on a Window 10 machine.  I am having a lot of trouble with my computer right now and want to run an old version of Photoshop on my dedicated Windows XP machine for scanning.

I have seen a CS2 download link and guide on the forum but prefer to use CS because it has the Bridge browser built into the program and that's a big plus for me.  Please let me know if  you can tell me how to get the program on the computer.  I understand it is not supported and not available directly from Adobe.  I did speak with their representative on the phone who directed me here.  Thanks for you help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a licence for CS2?  The link you referring to is for Adobe's old CS2 and CS licence users.  CS2 is not free and it is also not supported or marketed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a CS2 download link and guide on the forum but prefer to use CS because it has the Bridge browser built into the program and that's a big plus for me.

Bridge was also included with Photoshop CS2. The availabilility of Bridge in CS is no reason to use CS and there is no download for CS. Only CS2 is available and only to paid up owners of CS2. As JJMack says, it's not free. It's provided for free to CS2 owners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cs6 should run on windows xp and is included with your subscription.

You'll probably have to use the photoshop cs6 installer from here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

then install the newest adobe application manager so you can sigh in to use photoshop cs6 as part of your subscription.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Depending you'll probably have to install the optional Twain plugin for your scanner to work in photoshop cs6.

TWAIN plug-in scanner | Photoshop CS4 and later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before seeing your post I downloaded a trial of Photoshop Elements 12 and tried to use that.  The software says I need to sign in when I try to boot and then gives an error message-  I am not logged online or the clock on my computer is wrong affecting ability to sign on- neither is true.  The person who sold me this machine installed Firefox and said that Windows Explorer was useless because there's no supported version for this computer.  I signed on to my Adobe account on their website with Firefox but the software still will not boot.  Then I tried to download the Adobe Application Manager.  It will not boot and tells me... PDapp.exe- Entry Point Not Found.... The procedure entry point CreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall/reinstall pse 12.

Then you should be able to use pse 12 as a thirty day trial by turning off your internet connection, starting pse 12, clicking

Sign In Later then a 30 Day Trial dialog should appear and click Start Trial.

The one caveat of this is you'll have to turn off the internet each time you start pse 12 or you'll get the Sign-in screen again.

sign-in-1.png

sign-in-1a.png

Then turn on your internet and in the pse 12 editor go to Help>Updates to get 12.1 and a more updated application manager.

You still won't be able to sign-in, but it's needed for the offline activation.

Not sure at this point why pse 12 won't activate with xp and an internet connection, but If you should find a new copy of pse 12 to buy somewhere like amazon, you can use the Offline Activation from here

https://aoes-prod.licensingstack.com/aoes/aoes/v1/t1?locale=en

act-comp-a.png

sign-in-1b.png

act-comp.png

I skipped a few screens in the screenshots, but you get the idea it works.

Done on a windows xp machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might need to install the optional Twain plugin so pse 12 sees your scanner.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/twain-installed-photoshop-elements-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines