• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Hangs on Import

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to repeat a question that has already been the subject of more than one thread, but I've read all the threads on this and still have the problem. I'm running lightroom CC 2015.10 on a Microsoft Surrface Pro 4 with an i7 processor and 16GB RAM. Every time I try to import photos it hangs and I have to shut it down by shutting down the whole PC. I have the graphics unchecked and I've tried the various solutions previously listed (destination folder has write permission etc,), are there any other possible fixes somebody could suggest?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

It was the docking station. Went through the docking station troubleshooting available at microsoft online support and after following all the steps there it no longer hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you attempting to import, from where to where???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not being more clear. I'm attempting to import photos from a USB SD card reader into an external hard drive, bioth of which which are plugged into the docking station of the Surface. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the use of the docking station, I'm travelling now and using just the Surface and LR seems fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being a Windows user I can only offer suggestions. I also have no idea about the Surface and its ports.

I would try copy and pasting the files from the card to either the Surface or the final destination drive and try importing with Move and Add to see if the issue is still there. The idea is to try and narrow the issue to a combination of hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the docking station. Went through the docking station troubleshooting available at microsoft online support and after following all the steps there it no longer hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy it works for you now.

Could you please be a bit more specific on what exactly solved your problem?

This would be very helpful for others facing the same issue, as you already stated that it seems a common issue and there are many threads about it.

Thanks.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines