• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom folder names have been changed

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. It appears my Lightroom database has been corrupted.

When I opened Lightroom after the update CC cloud offered this morning I noticed all my folder names have been changed to numbers. If I right click and select properties, or open in Explorer the correct folder name is given. In Explorer (OS: Windows 10 Creator) the names are also correct.

I'm currently running Lightroom CC 2015.10.1 release, Camera Raw 9.10.1.

What I've tried so far: update folder location, rename folder (keeping the name the same), and Optimize Catalog. I've also restarted the program and rebooted the system. No change. Any help to get the names back would be appreciated. Thanks. Bern

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I'm dealing with a corruption, not in the catalog but in the modules. I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and and have to download Lightroom all over again for reinstallation.

On the left side the folders are all present but their names have disappeared. The numbers on the folders are in fact the number of pictures inside. The names of the collections and catalogs have also been replaced by the number of pictures in each file. Also, the Navigator tile (on top, above the catalog tile) is blank and doesn't show the picture selected. I sometimes also get a bar running clear across the image right from the bottom of the navigator tile. (See picture below.)

This happened after I updated the program to the latest Creative Cloud release. I've tried to reset my preferences knowing it was a long shot, but as expected it didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions someone can offer me other than to reinstall? Much appreciated.

Lightroom Corruption.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried shutting down your computer and restarting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Numerous times. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next guess ... reinstall or update your video driver ... there is corruption in the screen display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried that. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I did uninstall and reinstall LR to no avail. Not sure why I should pay for a piece of software that doesn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software seems to work for millions of others, myself included. Do you have a recent backup that you can restore? Maybe that will resolve the problem. Databases (which is what the Lightroom catalog is) can become corrupted, and that is why Lightroom can be programmed to back up periodically. In the course of the last 10 years or so that I have been using Lightroom I have had to restore a backup once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never was able to figure out a solution to this problem. In the end I suspected that it was due to a conflict between Lightroom and the latest Windows 10 update (creator). I ended up re-installing Windows 10 from scratch. Radical, but it fixed the problem. After the install I copied my original backed up Lightroom folder back to the Pictures folder and all worked as it should. I suspected the way that the Lightroom database was linked to the original file location had changed with the new Windows 10 update, but why no others then seemed to have the same problem was beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows 10 user, but I have the  Home edition, and I don't even know what the Creator edition is. The only problem I have had with the Home edition is that the whole thing crashed once. But that was after I had tried to do an upgrade installation. After I installed clean from scratch I haven't had any problems related to Windows 10 that I'm aware of. Unless Windows has changed the names of your folders, or changed that drive letter designations of your hard drives, there really shouldn't be a problem that I am aware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that. I have reinstalled LR, then had tech support clean and remove LR, change all and sundry, install LR 6 and they still can't fix it. upper echelon tech support is due to call back within 48 hours and will keep you apprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue has been resolved. Short version: open LR in safe mode (on PC) once. reopen in regular mode and LR should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well so much for that fix. I am back to having numbers instead of folder names. But now it is intermittent. When I updated LR it opened with folder names, but after turning off the computer, next time it is folder numbers, then next time names. Blecch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines