• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone found a third party program that can unlock a pdf protected with a use password?

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a third party program that can unlock a pdf protected with a use password?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

It should be noted in passing that some people say that in some countries (such as USA) the use of password hacking tools is illegal. Since you are proposing use in a legal proceeding you should seek suitably qualified advice. (Not anonymous people in the Internet).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the end goal after it is unlocked exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documents I am trying to open are part of old tax returns. I need the information as part of a financial disclosure I need to do for a legal proceeding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they YOUR tax returns? If so > by use password do you mean to View the File? Or to Edit the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are my tax returns. I would like to view the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't make sense... why can't you view your own Tax returns?

Why would they be password protected and why wouldn't you know the password?

Go back to whichever body (depending on country) that manage your Tax returns and request a copy of your records for the dates stated.

I don't ethically think I could personally give you any better advise than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be noted in passing that some people say that in some countries (such as USA) the use of password hacking tools is illegal. Since you are proposing use in a legal proceeding you should seek suitably qualified advice. (Not anonymous people in the Internet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum doesn't allow discussions about cracking software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do we lock this thread or delete it or?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines