Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting metadates

May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some videos from my smartphone onto my desktop. By doing so it changed all the dates of the videos to the current date of today. To change that I imported all the videos into lightroom and changed the recording dates of the videos. I exported the videos and made sure to enable the export of all meta dates in the settings. But when I looked into my export folder it didnt show any recording date tho. Am I missing something?

I made some screenshots of my settings and the result. They are in german tho, but they basicly show what I stated above.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The last screenshots shows the correct date but I changed that manually with the programm FileDateCorrector. The take away fromt the last screen is the missing recording date info on the far right tho.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

LR's handling of video metadata is poor, to say the least. As you've observed, it doesn't write the capture date (or caption, or keywords) from the catalog into the exported video, even though there are industry standard places in which to place these fields. 

Please add your me-too vote and details of your problem to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Read and write video metadata into Sidecar XMP | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe product developers do

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR's handling of video metadata is poor, to say the least. As you've observed, it doesn't write the capture date (or caption, or keywords) from the catalog into the exported video, even though there are industry standard places in which to place these fields. 

Please add your me-too vote and details of your problem to this bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Read and write video metadata into Sidecar XMP | Photoshop Family Customer Community . (Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum, but they do actively read everything in the feedback forum.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. It's pretty sad tbh that a implemented feature in a programm like LR just straight up doesn't work and judging by the post you linked it has been this way for 5 years. Guess I need to change them all manually or find a diffrent programm for the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines