• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Rotate Effect is not showing up in Character Animator

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a character in illustrator and used the 3d rotate effect to create a simple head turn as the left and right quarter. When I import the character into character animator it is just like the frontal view. I switched off the frontal view layer and the left/right quarter views are the same as the frontal one. Is there something I need to apply in illustrator for it to keep its shape or is it an issue with Character Animator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Object -> Expand Appearance. Apply that to the group and it will import correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Object -> Expand Appearance. Apply that to the group and it will import correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out. Ch has some trouble with AI import sometimes, and I believe 3D rotate might be one of those areas.

For the future too, if you click on the imported puppet you'll notice one option in the right properties is "render as vector" - usually making sure this is unchecked should keep it rasterized and have the greatest chance of bringing things over correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines