• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to load jsx file other than the local extension folder?

Participant ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I want to load jsx file dynamically from the server (e.g. Through an http get call) in my premiere pro panel. How this can be achieved?

Premiere Pro version: 9.0.0
Extension Type: Panel

Thanks & Regards,
Meet Tank

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

I'm not sure. PProPanel declares (in its manifest) the path to one .jsx file; from within that file, it loads any others, from within its directory.

Your panel could download a .jsx file somewhere, but don't save it into your extension directory, or you'll un-sign your panel.

That downloaded file may need to be in place very early, if you want its functions to be available throughout that PPro session...

Of course, if you're calling evalScript from within your JavaScript, it doesn't matter from wh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure. PProPanel declares (in its manifest) the path to one .jsx file; from within that file, it loads any others, from within its directory.

Your panel could download a .jsx file somewhere, but don't save it into your extension directory, or you'll un-sign your panel.

That downloaded file may need to be in place very early, if you want its functions to be available throughout that PPro session...

Of course, if you're calling evalScript from within your JavaScript, it doesn't matter from where you get the ExtendScript that you're evaluating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fetching over http is a very bad idea, this is prone to server attacks as well as man-in-the-middle attacks. There's a reason why Adobe requires Panels to be signed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are valid concerns, AND...many panels' JavaScript is server-based; see the Trello example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I asked this question 3 years ago... we have implemented loading of JSX over HTTP for our panel extension, whereby the ZXP only consists of a simple iframe, and the application itself is loaded over HTTP into the iframe.

Deliver .jsx files over HTTP?

Having said that - this is indeed a big concern in terms of security. We are currently in the process of rebuilding our panel so that all application logic is signed, sealed and delivered with the ZXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines