Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Video in Adobe Clip

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

I'd like to request that you support vertical video in Adobe Premier Clip.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the feedback!

I will pass it onto the concerned team.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the feedback!

I will pass it onto the concerned team.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ? Possible or not... Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Benoit,

Support for vertical video has not made it into the app yet. Thanks for showing your interest.

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wonderful Adobe People petergaraway,

I am a Digital Arts and Communications student and recently had a class discussion about the relevance of vertical images in today's world of social media and smart phones. The majority of the population is consuming digital media on their phone or mobile device and the majority of those users are holding their devices as they were designed to be held: vertically. Increasingly, media organizations are "thinking mobile first" and therefore, vertical orientation has become more relevant. Designs/layouts, videos and photographs that will be viewed on a mobile device and various social media platforms each come with formatting restrictions.

With this in mind, I shot my most recent homework assignment in my COMM214 Mobile Image Making communications class, a how-to video that we must post to Instagram. I shot my video vertically, knowing that I would be publishing to Instagram and I wanted my video to take up the full screen rather than having those annoying black bars in the way. It's kind of a bummer that when I uploaded my video clips to the Adobe Clip app, my video was shrunk down even more, with black bars on all sides...and it's an HD video!

I am able to use other apps in the app store to complete my assignment, which supports the vertical video I recorded. I really hope to see support for shooting vertical video in Adobe Clip in the future though and according to the discussion I mentioned having in class, there is a demand for it due to social media publishing. Even the NYTimes and other news outlets have caught on to this. I know Adobe will too!!

I know that I could just use Adobe Premiere CC on my computer to avoid this issue, but for this assignment I was required to use my mobile device alone to produce professional digital media images, no cheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this feature available yet? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed and tested that app for few days.

Unfortunately it only produces landscape videos. I only create videos for vertical (mostly for instagram or other mobile social media) - interesting features and everything but not being able to create vertical videos is a no go. Will have to uninstall it and I hope you will support that feature one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any status on this? Next round ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!...

It's been two years!... Please, modify the app. It's 2019, things are very diferent now, and it needs an update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what the hell... 2019 and NO VERTICAL VIDEO? hahahah this must be a joke. JUST DO IT NOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,
just one question.
Are you also planning to release a calculator app that is not able to divide?
That would make about as much sense as a video edditig app (that actually has "Premiere" in its name) for smartphones that is not able to edit portrait video or videos in 1:1 ratio.
I mean the official answer was that this will be passed to the concerned team. That was two and a haldyears ago.
How can the concerned team look at it and think "Naah! That's not an important feature."
The only reason to use Premiere Clip instead of Premiere Pro is if you want to post the video on the go and don't want to wait until you are in front of your computer. In that case it's very likely something for Instagram. So landscape video wouldn't make any sense. It would even make more sense to relese this app only being able to edit portrait video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is an absolute MUST for any digital content creator using social media. Specifically, vertical video is gaining traction because it has more screen real-estate on mobile devices -- which have quickly consumed the market share of devices used for social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I specifically downloaded premiere clip to be able to quickly and easily edit videos for instagram stories.. above all simple cutting and lightning adjustments.

obviously it is completely useless for that task.

has great potential, but focus seems to be on paid-for desktop products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always regarded adobe to be a leader in the game, but yet in 2018 this is STILL not a feature in Clip... it makes no sense at at and is such a killer for my content creations. Please sort it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaand IGTV was just released. I downloaded Adobe Premiere Clip in hopes of being able to quickly edit vertical videos for that platform.

And it's a no-go. Still.

So... what video editing apps are out there that are vertical-friendly?

What a huge bummer, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With IGTV, this is a must guys everyone creating content for social media needs this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please insert support for vertical videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wtf. No,  they're probably joking.  I'm sure they have but they probably hid it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys have you tried to upload the video to inst? When you add it to stories the black boarders are cut off automatically.

Not that bed at the end. Dunno about the actual post though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe...

Why...? Why would you not support vertical video... It-s a basic need... Even cheap free apps offer it!

Im deleting the app from my phone until you upgrade and keep editing in my mac.

It would be amazing you get on this sooner than later.

I still love your other products tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable that a company of Adobe's stature failed to provide such an obvious feature! Until it apoears I too will be deleting this app, shame really becauseit's really easy to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to express my shock that the mobile version of the editing app can not support vertical video.
With more content being viewed in "stories" rather than on the traditional feed as of this year according to instagram this is beyond staggering.

@adobe is there any plan to update this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you have a look at Adobe Premiere Rush. Clip is not really being developed any further, while Rush is getting all the attention. And yes, Rush can do vertical video.

Adobe Premiere Rush | Adobe video editing software, mobile and desktop

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clip is a mobile app, Rush is a desktop program. While Rush is great, it's not useful to a creator who is in the field trying to create and publish some spontaneous content without having to lug around their MacBrick.

Be great if Adobe could listen to the years worth of users clamoring for a solution that can edit vertical video for Instagram, Tiktok, FB stories rather than turning a deaf ear or saying to use Rush. Rush doesn't work where they want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines