• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

poor logo design quality

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently designed logo for a website. I am a newbie on photoshop. The design is very good it suits the the website and the name elzaria you could check it out there.

But the only thing is that the quality of the logo looks little bad. What is the cause of this? does anyone know by any chance?

www.elzaria.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the logo was saved as a jpg, which is the wrong type of file format for a logo design like yours. jpg's compression algorithm is acceptable for photos, but leads to visible artefacting and noise when used for saving these type of sharp-edged logos.

By the way, the coding for that website is absolutely terrible. (sorry) Wix, right? Not a good choice, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post images on this Forum directly, otherwise you expose yourself to the suspicion of trying to generate traffic for some web-site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the reason i posted the link is because the quality if bad on the website only. when i preview it on my computer it looks normal.EZLARIA-GOLD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For graphics, png format is best. If you have a master PSD file of your logo, generate a png directly from it. Do not convert (Save As)

a lossy type jpeg to a png because the loss is already cooked in.

I suggest these settings:

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 1.02.39 PM.png

See if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out Creative Live is currently broadcasting a class about Logo Design in Photoshop the Right way by Jason Hoppe who is an amazing teacher. May 26 - 27. Check it out you will definitely learn something!

Logo Design in Photoshop the Right Way with Jason Hoppe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines