Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking through the windshield of a car

Participant ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all

I've got a piece of Driver POV footage looking out the windshield of a car driving on a highway. I want to add some "trackers" (self driving car tech) in the road/environment if possible, without doing it by hand . So far, AE camera tracker has failed. I've also tried C4D camera tracker, but it seemed to only track dirty spots on the glass, not the road/trees. Any tips on this type of shot? I'm guessing mocha (free) is not appropriate for this kind of thing...

thx!

LML   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

there is no distinct feature information in the shot for you to successfully 3d or 2d track it. your best bet is to at least stabilize the shot, manually track the features your need, then reintroduce the motion if you like. since this is stock footage, maybe you could find a better shot where there is more information, and it's not that shaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tracker is sort of touch and go, sometimes it will work, others it won't. Never works for me unfortunately, so you might have to do it by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, I hear ya,    

I've started it by hand, not terrible, as it can be kinda jittery, and less accurate anyhow

LML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the shot And tell us what exactly you wish to accomplish with the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see link below to shot; I'm not sure how to describe it better--have you seen the clip of how tesla "sees" the road? it just shows the square markers popping up on prominent features in a camera. pretty basic

CRNI KAL, SLOVENIA - JULY 20: Self Driving Tesla Electric Car Using Sensors, Navigating Winding Stre...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is no distinct feature information in the shot for you to successfully 3d or 2d track it. your best bet is to at least stabilize the shot, manually track the features your need, then reintroduce the motion if you like. since this is stock footage, maybe you could find a better shot where there is more information, and it's not that shaky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines