• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with text box settings. Text wont fit when file opened on new computer

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My designer sent me a file to look over, and when I try to edit a text box, the text disappears unless I make the size much smaller.

Numbers are currently 9 point Roboto Condensed.  When I try to do any edits, including delete, replace or space, the text wont fit anymore unless I make it smaller to 6 points.

Attached are two files, one showing how it is without edit, second showing what happens after I touch the character.

A third screenshot shows how small I need to make it for it to show up again.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

This one shows how small I need to make it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Have you tried simply opening up the frame from the top? It looks like the top of the numbers are very close to it. This could especially be a problem if the version of the font that you have is in any way different than the one that the original designer used. Have the designer do a collect for output which includes the fonts used and try it with that font loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simply opening up the frame from the top? It looks like the top of the numbers are very close to it. This could especially be a problem if the version of the font that you have is in any way different than the one that the original designer used. Have the designer do a collect for output which includes the fonts used and try it with that font loaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will ask him for an output. Raising the box works, but I have 300 boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no master page that can allow you to do this globally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know of any such page. Either way. Thank you. I had him send the full package, deleted my fonts, installed his and it seems to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A master page in InDesign is where elements that are going to be used in multiple places within a document (page numbers, borders, etc.) are placed. You can tell if any have been set up in your document by opening the Pages Panel. You'll notice that there is an area above the document pages (the ones that are numbered 1,2, etc). There should be pages in that area that will be labelled [None] and A-Master (unless the person who created the file has retitled the A-Master to something else). If there is a Master Page (or Pages—there can be as many created as needed) then global changes can be applied there and they will appear in all of the document pages as have the Master applied.

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 4.11.44 PM.png

I'm glad the font solution worked. It is the simpler way to go all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines