• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding narration as an "afterthought"

Participant ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost finished my DVD project when I decided to add narration to my project. I have already added photos, music, and comments to my project and now want to add narration. I know that I can "unlink" my audio and video timeline so that I can alter them independently so can I do so with my narration. I do not want to add the narration and then have it affect the rest of my timeline.

Also my audio files are mp3 and m4a, my narration are wma files, will that be a problem?  I am using PE12

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/AZ+Aurora  wrote

I do not want to add the narration and then have it affect the rest of my timeline.

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Can you rephrase the question?

Also my audio files are mp3 and m4a, my narration are wma files, will that be a problem?

Maybe, maybe not.  I would convert the audio files to wav.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I don't know if you can read my post below, but I was in "panic mode", I thought my whole project was ruined, I kept trying to do some trouble shooting. I finally went into Tools in PE12 and than to narration and saw that my mic was still sensitive, after several minutes I finally hit "done" on the screen and than viola, my audio started working again. That was definitely a scary moment, I am now very leery about adding narration to my project. I will proceed with great caution. Any advice would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay now I have a whole new issue, my project was just about done, everything was working, than I added some narration that I imported from itune using a m4a file and everything was fine. Than just now I used an external microphone went in an changed my ASIO setting to recognize the microphone and than all of a sudden that is all that is working on my timeline. All of my music is muted and will not play back. I than removed all of the narration files that I entered, checked my ASIO setting and it shows my speakers. I saved the program and did a shut down of my computer and reopened the Premier Elements all of my music is on the timeline but won't play. It is like I all of a sudden have a bug or corrupt files that are causing the problem. I was ready to burn my disc and now this after many hours of time on the project is appears ruined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open a backup version, a previous version, or an autosave and see if that works OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines