• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fractal Noise stops moving after 4 seconds

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a 15-second composition that I currently have a fractal noise effect applied to. However, the animation for just the solid layer with the fractal noise applied to it stops after about 4 seconds and just appears motionless on screen. I can't seem to figure out how to make it last for the duration of the 15 seconds.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Is there a reason you have it set up that high? -10,000 is an awful lot to multiply time by! Try dropping that down to, like, 1,000

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet there are 2 keyframes on this layer, one at :00 and one at :04.  You have two options:  move the existing 2nd keyframe to the end of the layer, or just delete it and enter a new value at the end of the layer.... which creates a new keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any keyframes for it on the timeline. I'm using the expression:

temp = effect("Fractal Noise")("Offset Turbulence")[0];

[temp, time*-10000]

I really don't know much about expressions, and I'm simply following a tutorial that I found here: After Effects Tutorial | QUICK TIP | Wind Streaks - YouTube

I've tried to duplicate or copy the portion of the layer that is working and then adding it on a different layer, but then the time in which the animation stops changes. I can't seem to figure out what factors are causing it to stop as there are no keyframes involved. I know it must be something to do with the expression, so if this information helps you understand my issue any better I would be thrilled if you could help me find a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you have it set up that high? -10,000 is an awful lot to multiply time by! Try dropping that down to, like, 1,000

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah now that I have a better understanding of expressions I agree haha! I ended up just setting keyframes for the evolutions and it achieved what I wanted.

If you wanna see the end result you can check it out here

Thanks for you feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks great!

By the way, if you tick the little button with the green star under the post that had the right answer for you, it helps by closing out the thread and helping future forum-goers find the right answer faster. (You're likely not the only person who's run into this sort of issue.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo! That's my cousin', Thunderfish!

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haha love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines