Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash downloader

May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on Comcast web site went adobe flash downloader appear from ariuhuangjinlian .com why is that for  does anybody there know ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ariuhuangjinlian .com is not an official Adobe download.  It's possible this is a result of some virus/malware/adware/etc.  If you have the complete URL you can forward it to phishing@adobe.com or private message it to me.  To send a private message click on my user name link and then on the 'Message' button link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on 05-26-2017 about 6:35 central time on Comcast.net home page a adobe flash player downloader appear it say flasher player.hta size 1.50 kb from seexinorwichanderpeterborough.org I open task manger and end the process.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a malicious download link, and fits with my comment above.  While you may want to let Comcast know about the incident, I find it much more likely that the malicious links are being inserted on the page by malware either at a router on your local network (e.g. you've got a wi-fi router installed behind your comcast modem), or by malware on the local system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unlikely that the malicious link was actually on Comcast's page.  While it's possible that someone snuck malicious content onto their website, it's far, far more likely that it was injected after it hit your network. 

There is some malware that targets commodity home routers and will inject similar Flash Player downloads into pages.  If you haven't updated your router firmware recently (or since you bought it), you might want to do that.  Those attacks tend to reside only in memory, so power-cycling the router should clear the malware temporarily.  Update it as soon as it comes back up, and you should be protected from that class of attack.

The other possibility is that you already have malware on your machine, and it's trying to trick you into installing additional software for more/better control over the system.  Running a good virus scanner or anti-malware package would be a good first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines