Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A question regarding Linear Workflow.

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
So as far as I know if I want my colors to be exact on every monitor in the color management tab it should say down below "Color vaules will not be modified because working space and output color space match each other." When I check "Blend colors using 1.0 Gamma" I get the desired messege but when I check "Linearize Working Space" I am not able to get the same output color space so I receive the messege "Color values will be converted from a linearized version of the working space profile (sRGB IEC61966-2.1, modified to have 1.0 gamma) to the gamma encoded version of the working space profile (approximately 2.2 gamma).
I want to have "Linearize Working Space" checked and not get the color values modified. How do I do it since the colors look best when I have turned on "Linearize Working Space".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you foot the bill to have all all your monitors professionally adjusted and use the appropriate color spaces for the footage, it will NEVER look the same from monitor to monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the colors won't be completely the same on different monitors but I will get the best matching colors when I get the messege "Color vaules will not be modified because working space and output color space match each other" in the color management tab so my question still stands. How do I check "Linearize Working Space" and get the messege "Color vaules will not be modified because working space and output color space match each other" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GZEDITS,

Did you ever get your monitor color to match? Let us know what happened.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Kevin.
Thank you for replying.
No, I did not get the it to match. Is this a bug or I'm doing something the wrong way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure GZEDITS, but you might try checking the article I found in this search. See if it helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines