• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create this effect?

Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I create this effect on Photoshop?

This is the original ajax logo on the jersey:

66047_25441__22052017_1011.jpg

This is my design:

Schermafbeelding 2017-05-24 om 02.03.46.png

I want to create the same effect or as near the same.

- 3d effect around the corner of the logo

- stripes pattern in the logo

- 3d effect on the stars

How can I get those options?

I just had a similar question, but can't get the same effect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

My preferred way of creating background textures is Bevel & Emboss > Texture.  This one comes with Photoshop but you have to load (append) it from the drop-down, and is in the set Artist's Surfaces.

I didn't do the whole thing, but you'll get where I am coming from.  I was also lazy with the embroidered texture — something I need to fix for my own texture library, as this is not the first time I need to use it and didn't have it. 

The outer ring has 'distressed' edges as well as the texture in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create the illusion of 3d you will have to add highlights and shadows to each object. How detailed will depend on the size of the object.

As for the cloth, I really recommend that you photograph a piece of cloth, it will sell the image better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Photoshop can output to a CNC Embroidery machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may depend on the machine. I would assume most use vector data. But it would make sense if the machine accepted jpg, png and tiff for ease of use for beginner users. I wish I new more, but, I lack way too much information. LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use bevel and emboss layer effects. You may have to create your own texture for the correct scale or use Filters Gallery -Textures. Also can add the texture from a photo as a separate layer and fiddle with blending options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preferred way of creating background textures is Bevel & Emboss > Texture.  This one comes with Photoshop but you have to load (append) it from the drop-down, and is in the set Artist's Surfaces.

I didn't do the whole thing, but you'll get where I am coming from.  I was also lazy with the embroidered texture — something I need to fix for my own texture library, as this is not the first time I need to use it and didn't have it. 

The outer ring has 'distressed' edges as well as the texture in the original.  The way I do that is to Ctrl click to load as a selection and add a layer mask, and distort the layer mask with something like Ocean Ripple (Hmmmm  that has me thinking of ice cream ) To get the most out of this method, you need to Contract the selection a wee bit so it eats into the graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you created those stars?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ultrAslan  wrote

How do you created those stars?

The Polygon Shape tool has a star option

In the Options Bar you can set the number of sides, and if you check Star you can then set the indent.  I'm not actually sure what Align Edges does.  The resulting star acts like a normal shape that you can set fill and stroke colours and width, but if you are going to use Layer Effects it doesn't matter what colour you use, as you can override that in the layer styles panel, but you do need to set Stroke to Off.

You can't distribute shapes on a path, so copy and rotate about the required centre by moving the centre handle.  If you have trouble doing this, hold down Alt (Opt) and click.  Then remember the offset angle so you can repeat it for the other star (20° in this case)

Bevel & Emboss > Chisel Hard with W shaped gloss contour gives the gold effect.  I have made an embroidered pattern using Render Fibres but that does not work so well with the radical gloss contour.  I'll try without...

Is this any better?  Note that the pattern does not rotate with the shape though.

To fix that apply the effects to the first star, and make it a Smart Object before copying and rotating.  Not that the altitude with Bevel & Emboss makes a lot of difference when using a radical gloss contour.  Tiny adjustments can make big changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this clear description.

Learned a lot today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines