• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SOS scratch disk full

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi every one I am granny that needs some help from some savvy photoshop buffs . I can't fix this scratch disc thing and if I can't fix it soon my computer is going to go out the window into the trash . So can some one please help me . I am running Windows 10 .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot for :  edit  > Preferences > Scratch Disks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, if you don't know how to post a screen shot, for now just tell us how much free space is on your disk. If you don't know how to tell, that's probably the problem; please tell us what system you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am cleani up my hard drive to see if that make a difference .. I've taken a screen shot of the prefrance box , I just don't know how to post it on here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop scratch disk uses the space available on your hard drive. What Photoshop is telling you is that your hard-drive is so full that there is no room left for Photoshop to use. If you have a single hard-drive. you really have 2 basic options.

1) Clean off the C drive. Delete unneeded or duplicate files, uninstall unused programs, ....

2) Install a second hard drive.

To check your disk space on Windows 10. Bring up File Explore by pressing the Windows Key and the letter E at the same time. (Similar to using a shift key). On the left you will sell a list of folder. Click on the one called "The PC".

Look under "Devices and Drives". They should have bars next to the drives showing how full they are. If any of them are red, that is likely your problem. (Red means it is getting full).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines