Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling up pdf: lost fonts

Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In order to remove big white margins in a few pdf files that I have, I'm printing them using Acrobat distiller (seen as Adobe PDF in my list of available printers) and use the "fit" option in Acrobat Pro XI. This scales up the content of every page in such a way that the big white margins are removed. Unfortunately, this strategy tends to remove the text that can be copied and pasted in a text file before the process, but not after. I said "tends" above because it looks like this issue is not systematic but arises quite often. Are you aware of a set of options for the printer to keep the "copy-paste" features of the text? Below, I'm showing the ones currently used by the printer.

AdobePDF1.jpg

AdobePDF2.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

"Re-frying" a PDF file (sending it to the PDF Printer to create a new file) is strongly discouraged. It can cause all kinds of issues, and should be avoided if an alternative exists.

And scaling PDF pages can be done in other ways. In Acrobat Pro DC you can do it using the Preflight tool.

In earlier versions it can be done using a plugin or a script, like this one I've developed:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Re-frying" a PDF file (sending it to the PDF Printer to create a new file) is strongly discouraged. It can cause all kinds of issues, and should be avoided if an alternative exists.

And scaling PDF pages can be done in other ways. In Acrobat Pro DC you can do it using the Preflight tool.

In earlier versions it can be done using a plugin or a script, like this one I've developed:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I saw this link

How can I Scale Up PDF File

but this adds margins to the document. It does actually not scale the content of the pages up.I guess this is also what your app does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my tool doesn't add white margins. It scales the whole content of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I just realized that I misunderstood the description. It fits to the new format first and adds white margins if needed to comply with the constraints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines