• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make „Classic 3D“ the default renderer?

May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

ever since I updated to the latest Version (AE CC 2017.2 Version 14.2.0.198) the default composition setting for the 3D renderer is set to „Ray traced“. I want to work in the Classic 3D renderer though, so I always have to go into the settings and change it manually.

Is there a way to set „Classic 3D“ as the general default setting for every new AE project I open?

I went through all the general settings and also the „hidden section“ but couldn’t find anything.

I hope you can help me! Thanks in advance,

Felix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

AE should remember the all of the last composition settings and any new comp will have all of the same settings. The exception to this behavior is when you drag footage into the new composition icon or select File>New Comp from selected in the Project Panel. Then the new comp will have the same length as the set in and out points of the footage, or if you did not set in and out points, the new comp will be the same length as the footage. All other settings will stay the same as the last comp you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic 3D is the default and that settings sticks as the default when creating new comps. If that's not teh case, then something is wrong on your end, but with so little info nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AE should remember the all of the last composition settings and any new comp will have all of the same settings. The exception to this behavior is when you drag footage into the new composition icon or select File>New Comp from selected in the Project Panel. Then the new comp will have the same length as the set in and out points of the footage, or if you did not set in and out points, the new comp will be the same length as the footage. All other settings will stay the same as the last comp you created. If this is not the case then 1, make sure AE is up to date, and 2, purge all memory and disk cache or 3, reset your preferences by either browsing to the preferences file using the Preferences>General panel (look at the bottom) and renaming or deleting the file, or by holding down Shift + Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd when you open AE and following the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines