• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to work and manage a very large composite

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone com up with a easy way to make and work with a very large composite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

What problems are you having in constructing this?

In general terms :

1. Label your layers with meaningful names

2. Use layer groups and label the groups

3. As you build up a large piece of work, save it incrementally as a PSD (or PSB if it is very large). By incrementally I mean filename001 ; filename002 .....etc. It will save you from posting on here with , "my file with a week of work is now corrupt what do I do..?.".

4. Consider your final output and viewing distance and don't work in an unnecess

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problems are you having in constructing this?

In general terms :

1. Label your layers with meaningful names

2. Use layer groups and label the groups

3. As you build up a large piece of work, save it incrementally as a PSD (or PSB if it is very large). By incrementally I mean filename001 ; filename002 .....etc. It will save you from posting on here with , "my file with a week of work is now corrupt what do I do..?.".

4. Consider your final output and viewing distance and don't work in an unnecessarily high resolution (you don't need 300dpi for a poster that will be viewed from 25 feet away)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main thing, as Dave pointed out: you don't necessarily need 300 ppi. People will tell you that you do; don't listen to them. Very often that's just a misunderstanding.

My rule of thumb is that anything over 15 000 pixels long side is probably overkill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what you're doing and compositing, try using auxiliary files to save layered work, which means do your composite in many files, saving parts of your composites for possible future editing. Then use a flatten version of those auxiliary files in your final composite to keep the size down and editing speed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks trying my first large composit. Keep you all posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines