• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just updated photoshop 2017.1.1 and Ctrl + Option isn't working

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to photoshop 2017.1.1 on my MAC and the shortcut Ctrl + Option to adjust the size/opacity with the brush tool and also the size of the stamp tool isn't working.  It will either perform the Ctrl function or the Option, but not the size adjustment.  It flickers back and forth between the three options (either the ctrl function, the Option function or the Ctrl+Option function).  I've reset all the tools, but still have the same problem.  I thought this could be a computer problem, so I updated photoshop on my MAC laptop and have the same problem now.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't recreate this issue on PS 2017.1.1, Mac 10.11.6. Using a painting tool, Ctrl + Opt + drag left/right changes brush size. Ctrl + Opt + drag up/down changes brush hardness.

Sometimes we see other applications interfering with the modifier keys (Chrome and Chrome extensions come up regularly), and sometimes a Wacom driver does it. Is your driver up to date, or did you just update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments.  I updated photoshop about a week ago, but updated my Wacom driver yesterday.  I think you're correct, it is probably the wacom driver update.  I'll contact them about this issue, their customer support is excellent.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw something similar yesterday on one of the forums. The latest Wacom update seems to have impacted the modifier keys. Wasn't quite what you're describing, but similar enough that it was worth mentioning. I'm glad you're looking into it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines