• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I seperate the individual numbers in a SSN form field into 9 separate fields?

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a field that is formatted for SSN in my document.  Later, in the document, there is a section that I need to be able to split the numbers of the SSN.  The Field with the SSN in it is called "iSocial Security Number" and the subsequent fields for the SSN String are "SSN1, SSN2, SSN3... SSN9"

Can someone please help me so that I can write a script in the "SSN1" field that will pick the first number of the "iSocial Security Field" and so on?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with InDesign,  Acrobat PDF forms, HTML forms or what exactly?  It's unclear from your post.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you export to Excel, just write formulas and copy them down. In this case, hide column F when done. I did 3, not 9, but you get the idea.

If not, the answer varies depending on which application you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines