• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with adobe digital editions and kobo ereader

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Kobo did an automatic update and then any content I transferred from adobe digital editions to the kobo gave me an error saying I did not have the proper permission to read it when I tried to open it on the Kobo. I went back to try and figure out the problem tonight and when I tried to transfer content from the Public Library download library to the digital editions I got a message that said "Error. Check Activation"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled V4.5 then installed V3 but no luck. Reinstalled V4.5 and still cannot transfer to Kobo. I wonder if its easier with Kindle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent about an hour on the phone with Kobo support since I didn't get anywhere with the adobe support, they just sent me here and told me to post. The Kobo guy had me do a factory reset on my Kobo touch, uninstall all other editions of adobe digital editions (I had version 2 and 4.5 - which was the one I was using when the problem happened) install adobe digital editions 3.0, reauthorize my Kobo account, Digital editions 3.0 and the device within digital editions, then borrow a book from the library. The first book I borrowed went into digital editions without the "Error. Check Activation" message but when I transferred it to the Kobo I got the unauthorized to read this message. He had me try downloading another book. I did and when I transferred it to the Kobo it worked, then I check the previous book that had just said I was unauthorized and it was fine now. Hopefully that is the end of the problems. He also said to NEVER update the Kobo unless you are having problems, so if prompted to update in the future I will not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this problem: Deauthorize your Kobo and then deauthorize your computer (ctl-shift-D).  Uninstall ADE and reboot your computer. 

Install ADE V 2.0 and reauthorize computer and Kobo.

Avoid upgrades to ADE!!! ADE 4.0 and Windows 10 and Kobo do not play nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forgot to mention - before installing the old version of ADE - delete the folder "My Digital Editions" in Documents folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines