• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe lightroom shuts down

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When switching from library mode to develop mode I get a notice that says "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working....I tried looking through the forums to see if I could find a solution . The only thing I came up with was a lock on the catalog. The information suggested to go to My Pictures, locate the Catalog click on the file and two things came up, a lock, and a journal. I tried deleting the lock, re-booted my computer then went into Lightroom and the same thing happened. I went back to the Catalog in pictures clicked on the file the journal and lock files showed up again for a few moments then disappeared. T repeated the process and the same thing happened, journal and lock show up and then disappear.

Any thoughts please

Thank you!

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

See if this help article applies: Crash Camera Raw or Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this help article applies: Crash Camera Raw or Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magical!!  MVP, Thank you so much for your help...You are Great!

ACP, thank you for your input. I think it is wonderful that you Gentlemen are on standby to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole reason i downloaded the AMD update is because my photoshop wasn't working properly until i made an update. So if i uninstall i get back my lightroom capabilities but lose photoshop...?  Also, Preferences, Performance and deselecting the 'Use Graphics Processor' did nothing to help. Do you have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install the new drive but disable the GPU option in LR. PS should work better and with that option disabled in LR, LR should run faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lock file has nothing to do with what you are experiencing. That Lock file is normally deleted when LR closes and yes if it crashes that lock file might not get deleted properly which will stop you from opening LR again.

But it has nothing to do with why LR is crashing.

The reason they are disappearing is because somehow after the crash a background LR process is deleting them.

Please explain exactly when the crash happens. As soon as you enter the Develop module or after you try to make an adjustment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines