• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Elements to new computer

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will soon be buying a new computer, and I have an upgrade from Elements 10 to Elements 13 on my computer.  I would like to upgrade to Elements 15, but am wondering how I will transfer that to a new computer, when I haven't actually purchased the full product, but have only upgraded. Is there a way of then installing Elements 15 on my new computer, or should I wait till I get the new computer, and will I then have to purdchase the full product instead of an upgrade only? Appreciate any help in answering this, thanks, Linda

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

There are no issues with installing an upgrade on a new computer. Upgrades and full versions have the exact same software code. The only difference is the serial number.

A valid full version serial number is OK as it stands. Enter it and, as soon as the serial number is accepted, your software is licensed.

In  the case of an upgrade, you install the software as usual, enter the upgrade serial number (PSE15) then you will be prompted to enter the serial number from a previous qualifying version. En

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no issues with installing an upgrade on a new computer. Upgrades and full versions have the exact same software code. The only difference is the serial number.

A valid full version serial number is OK as it stands. Enter it and, as soon as the serial number is accepted, your software is licensed.

In  the case of an upgrade, you install the software as usual, enter the upgrade serial number (PSE15) then you will be prompted to enter the serial number from a previous qualifying version. Enter your PSE13 serial number and you are done.

That said, shop around. You may well find the full version of PSE15 is cheaper than buying the upgrade version of PSE15.

Amazon full version $70. Same price from Adobe.

Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15: Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  the case of an upgrade, you install the software as usual, enter the upgrade serial number (PSE15) then you will be prompted to enter the serial number from a previous qualifying version. Enter your PSE13 serial number and you are done.

John,

I wonder if that works like this with Elements. I did such upgrades of Lightroom 4 and 5 and it works exactly as your say, I was asked for the license key for my previous version.

In Elements (I upgrade every year), I am never asked the serial key of the previous version, which seems logical since it is already stored in my Adobe account.

Linda,

Reminder for those in your case, transferring your catalog and library to a new computer:

Move Elements Organizer catalog | Elements 6 or later

That said, shop around. You may well find the full version of PSE15 is cheaper than buying the upgrade version of PSE15.

Very true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MichelBParis  wrote

John,

I wonder if that works like this with Elements. I did such upgrades of Lightroom 4 and 5 and it works exactly as your say, I was asked for the license key for my previous version.

In Elements (I upgrade every year), I am never asked the serial key of the previous version, which seems logical since it is already stored in my Adobe account

Michel, do you upgrade with the previous version already installed? If so, the upgrade will find the previous version on your hard drive and not ask for the previous version serial number.

The upgrade installer should ask for the previous version serial number if it cannot find an earlier version already installed E.g. new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John, that's logical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines