• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC 2017.2 Crashes when I move the window, or hit the maximize button.

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I start AE CC 2017.2 on my Windows 7 hp laptop, the application window  does not center on the screen so I cannot see the entire workspace (please see the screen grab below).  As I attempt to resolve the issue by dragging the app window to the center of my monitor, it closes.  I am able to import files and create new compositions, but I cannot see or access the rest of the workspace.  I have also tried undocking panels -this results in a crash.   The only message I have received from Windows says: Adobe After Effects CC 2017.2 has stopped working A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

I have uninstalled Adobe CC, run the CC Cleaner Tool and reinstalled.  Photoshop works fine, but AfterEffects continues to crash in this way.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!!AE Problem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

I have a HP ProBook 450 G3, Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.3GHz.  I have 8 GB ram and 64-bit Operating System running Windows 7 Professional.

After posting my question, I completed another uninstall and then installed an earlier version of AE CC - instead of the most current V14.2.0.198, I installed V14.1 and the problem seems resolved.  I plan to ignore future updates unless I experience a new problem....

Thanks so much for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure at all but do you think some info on your computer hardware and OS might be at all relevant to anyone attempting to help you?  I have no clue.  I'm just throwing it out there. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a HP ProBook 450 G3, Intel Core i5-6200U CPU @ 2.3GHz.  I have 8 GB ram and 64-bit Operating System running Windows 7 Professional.

After posting my question, I completed another uninstall and then installed an earlier version of AE CC - instead of the most current V14.2.0.198, I installed V14.1 and the problem seems resolved.  I plan to ignore future updates unless I experience a new problem....

Thanks so much for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines