• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bringing in focus important data on software screenshots by magnifying it

May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Sometimes it happens that a slide needs many screenshots to display. Squeezing 1024*768 shots into one screen makes them barely readable. A solution is to magnify some parts. For so I've created a rectangular callout with a copy of the selection. But still can't get it how to make it appear larger after the contraction.

4 screenshots on one slide.png

Would be nice to make the progress bar appear inside the bigger rectangular to make it noticeable.

screenshot to magnify.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

How are you creating the screenshots? Wndows screens capture or a 3rd party screen capture tool.

I use Techsmith's SnagIt which has a feature called Spotlight and Magnify which makes this as a simple as a few mouseclicks.

Spotlight & Magnify – TechSmith Support

There are other tools on the market offering similar features.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating the screenshots? Wndows screens capture or a 3rd party screen capture tool.

I use Techsmith's SnagIt which has a feature called Spotlight and Magnify which makes this as a simple as a few mouseclicks.

Spotlight & Magnify – TechSmith Support

There are other tools on the market offering similar features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

Thank you, John!

I've used the approach you recommended. Combination of smart object for a magnifier and windows 500% custom text size for parts of a screen with important info resulted in a decent collage.

20170528_132505-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines