• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing text on import to a LR collection

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added text to an image in PS and saved it. I can see the text when browsing the image in the folder. However when I import the image to LR the text is no longer there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Have you tried the reverse? From Lightroom select the image > CMD E (Edit in Photoshop)> Add text and close file. It will be in Lr with the text you added in Photoshop.

Or right-click and synchronize the folder in Lightroom to add the edited image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the reverse? From Lightroom select the image > CMD E (Edit in Photoshop)> Add text and close file. It will be in Lr with the text you added in Photoshop.

Or right-click and synchronize the folder in Lightroom to add the edited image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reply. I was working on the image in LR and chose 'edit in PS' where I added the text. I then saved the image which apparently saved it to my HD folder. I just tried the same thing, but, 'closed' the image rather than 'save' it and the text appeared in LR.

I did try synchronizing the folder, but, that didn't seem to work.

Anyway, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working fine here. Send an image to PS (RAW RAF from a Fuji camera), Add Text and save in PS, it gets added to the LR Catalog and shows as a TIF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines