• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing and saving Captivate as AVI

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file. I will use Captivate to capture and will need to save it as an 800 x 600 AVI file.
Can you capture within Captivate and save it as an AVI? If so - how might this be done?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AleasaG,

Do you mean to say you are trying to capture a "how to capture" process flow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open a pdf file...capture within that using Captivate and then saving out as an 800 x 600 AVI. I know I can save a Captivate file as AVI but am not sure how to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI AleasaG

I find it odd that you would be convinced you can save from Captivate as an AVI. Where did you see this?

I ask because Captivate will only create the following outputs:

* .SWF (With associated .HTM and .JS to play it)
* .EXE (Normally used for copying to CD-ROM)
* .DOC (For handouts and other printed matter)

None of those are .AVI format. If you want .AVI, you will need to use other software created and sold by a third party to accomplish it. One such package is called SoThink SWF to Video converter ( http://www.sothink.com)

So you would need to publish as .SWF format, then post process that using the converter to end up with different formats.

There are probably some free converters to be found, but I don't have any links handy. Hopefully others will chime in here to share them. Or you might search the forums. They have been posted in the past.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are correct -my mistake - I misread the information that was provided to me - we used Camtasia (free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can save this as an AVI file in Captivate 4. See Adobe documentation here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Captivate/4.0/Using/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d119e958285f-7fff.html

Publish the project as an AVI file

You can publish your Adobe Captivate project as an AVI file. Open the published AVI file in any of the media players that support the AVI format.

You can use any of the encoders available on your operating system for publishing. Alternatively, you can use a third party software that you have installed on your computer.

Note: All interactivity in your project is lost when you convert the project to an AVI file.

1.  Select File > Publish.

2.  In the Publish dialog box, select Media, and configure the following options:

Select Type

From the menu, select Video (*.avi)

Project Title

Enter a name for the AVI file without adding the extension (.avi).

Folder

Enter the full path to the folder in which to save the file, or click Browse to locate the folder.

3.  Select from the following output options:

Video Format

The list of encoders available on your system is available here. Select an encoder for publishing the project in the AVI format.

Audio Format

Adobe Captivate uses pulse code modulation (PCM) for audio files. Simply put, PCM converts analog files to binary (digital) files.

The Project Information area displays useful statistics about the project including the size (resolution), number of slides, audio information, e-learning details, accessibility compliance, and playback control assigned to the project. To change any of the options listed in this area, click the blue text. To change preferences, click the Preferences button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources