• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table and Cell Styles Windows NOT AVAILABLE on Windows 10???

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest InDesign CC on my Windows 10 system from the Creative Cloud Panel and Both the Table Styles and Cell Styles window options are NOT showing up. I looked at my Mac version and they exist, but not on Windows 10.
I tried a test file made on the Mac with a couple of Table Styles defined and then attempted loading the document on my Windows System. The file loaded ok, but I have no Style information showing up.
Has anyone else encountered this? My main machine is my windows box, and I need those tools.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the issue, it is unique to your system.

tablecells.png

Have you tried trashing your preferences? Reinstalling will have no effect on the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will trash my prefs and see what shakes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt whether it is an issue of preferences at all. The Table and Cell Styles aren't in the default set of tabs. Customize your tabs and save them.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s the fact that the panels aren’t there then yes, that’s likely it. But if there’s nothing under the window>styles menu something is amiss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The options are not available at all.
This is my menu selection. You notice that the Cell Styles and the Table Styles choices are missing.

Now I have been able to open the styles windows with a bit of foolery.
1) I created a duplicate of the table I wanted to change - and added it to the work area outside the page.

2) I selected the table and that set up the control panel on the top. Now I can select the dropdowns from the panel - even bring up a new cell style dialog or table style --- I just can't edit the current one as part of my selections.

I did not have this problem until I downloaded the latest InDesign update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - I can select the Style Options to modify the current style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer!
For some reason the files in the AppData directory were the culprit. (C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version 12.0)

To Repair

• Uninstall InDesign (remove all preferences)
  • Delete the C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign directory
  • ReInstall InDesign

After this, the Table Styles and Cell Styles menu choices returned.

Thank you all for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines