• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort pages by page number in the scan on 5.5"x8.5" 400 page doc?

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 400+ page doc that is 5.5" x 8.5", half letter portrait. My Epson AIO WF3640 can not scan this size double sided. So I have to scan 200 pages front side then 200 pages back side. How can I get them back into correct page order? I have Acrobat pro 8.1. I do not know scripts or acrobat language. Just an everyday joe with a scanning issue. The thumbnail drag and drop would be near impossible with this many pages after I combine the 2 scan files.  I can only see about 10 pages on my screen with the size that I can still read the page numbers on the scans. I do not see any kind of sort feature in the menus. Any suggestions. Or know of a scanner that can double side scan this size. I have a lot other docs this size that need to scan to, so this is not a one shot task.

Any help for me out there?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can split the file in two parts and then re-combine it using a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Combine Even-Odd Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Acrobat you can scan both sides:

Scan documents to PDF, Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick replies.

I was hoping to a free solution with what I have.

Using Acrobat as the scanning software dose not work well. It dose not let me select a paper size. it is grayed out. Also it will not scan the back side of a page. The WF3640 scanner gives the same error message as when I scan from scanner keyboard, or epson scanner software.

But it dose let me chose to scan more pages, or scan backsides of pages. I test and see....

That worked!!! all pages in order.!!

I have to cut them in half but I know how to do that. !!!

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines