• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer B&W image to external file

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom - Work on Apple - I edit a color image to B&W - image shows as B&W in library - when I try to export B&W image out of Lightroom to computer for processing - only the original color image transfers ?  What am I missing ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under File settings in the Export dialog, choose jpg, psd or tiff.

You have most likely chosen Original, which will export a copy of the unedited file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you choosing 'Edit In Photoshop ' CMD E or are you 'Exporting'? You should be choosing 'Edit in Photoshop' or CMD E so that Lightroom can keep track of your edits. Once your file opens in Photoshop and you close the file the edits will be saved back to Lightroom automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to find "settings" under the Library and Develop pages - can't

locate the export dialog - does it matter that this is an Apple ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export is a menu command File->Export ... or a keyboard command Ctrl-Shift-E. Once you do that, a dialog box appears, and the settings mentioned above are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

waynet69518754  wrote

can't locate the export dialog - does it matter that this is an Apple ?

No it is the same on both Windows and Mac.

The BIG button at the bottom left of the Library module.

Export Button.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the big "export" button on the lower left Library module - seems to be

set at JPEG sRGB to export the current images - is that correct ?

So - I reset this for each file to be transferred ?

W

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM, Just Shoot Me <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to send the file to Photoshop for further editing?

If so then use the command CMD + e or right click and select Edit In then Photoshop.

If you are using some other editor you can define that in the LR Preferences under the External Editing tab in the second section.

I suggest you start viewing some online tutorials on how LR works and how to work with LR.

http://laurashoe.com/2016/10/27/new-to-lightroom-an-introduction-to-lightroom/?utm_source=MadMimi&ut...

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends. You can create Export presets based on intended use. Read more here: Export presets, settings, and plug-ins in Lightroom

However back to your original question..

I edit a color image to B&W - image shows as B&W in library - when I try to export B&W image out of Lightroom to computer for processing - only the original color image transfers ?  What am I missing ?

Where are you trying to export your image to in order to continue processing? If you are using Topaz or Nik image editing tools, right-click on the image and under the Export fly-out menu you should see your external apps. You'll also see other external editing apps by right-clicking and going to the Edit In.

Keep in mind that these need to be originals and not smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines