• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't merge photos

Explorer ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I shoot a wedding. I use two cameras. I download both cards to Lightroom. First, I try putting them both in the same folder. Doesn't work. Lightroom seems to be downloading the second card, but the files don't show up in the folder. Then I download each card to a separate folder--Katy1 and Katy2. Both cards download smoothly. One has 361 files in it, the other has a different 207 files in it. Then I try to move the contents of one folder into the other. No go. No matter which folder I try to move into the other, it tells me "Files Already Exist" and refuses to move them. (I need them in one folder because I have to sort by time of capture.) Advice, O Lords of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

You don't have to have the photos in the same folder to sort by capture time. Put them in a collection.

Then I try to move the contents of one folder into the other. No go. No matter which folder I try to move into the other, it tells me "Files Already Exist" and refuses to move them.

Explain this so we can understand. Give us relevant information. Are the files already in the folder, according to your operating system? Yes or no?

Or better yet, make your life simple, forget about folders, put the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to have the photos in the same folder to sort by capture time. Put them in a collection.

Then I try to move the contents of one folder into the other. No go. No matter which folder I try to move into the other, it tells me "Files Already Exist" and refuses to move them.

Explain this so we can understand. Give us relevant information. Are the files already in the folder, according to your operating system? Yes or no?

Or better yet, make your life simple, forget about folders, put the photos in question into a collection, it will take you less than 30 seconds, and then continue on with your task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a genius! I am forever in your debt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines