• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Desktop not recognizing pictures exist in Catalog, still downloading from LRM

New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to search but couldn't find anything specifically to what I am referring to.

I was traveling and when on my travels, I did not bring an actual PC with me. I uploaded my pictures straight to LRM via an Android tablet, and then the RAW images to OneDrive to download later.

Got to my laptop, and then downloaded all the images from OneDrive and added them to my LR catalog on my laptop. The issue I'm having is LR Desktop is downloading all the pictures I uploaded to LRM, so essentially downloading a second copy. For example, in the Vietnam collection, I have two DSC00001 items, each leading to a different file path on my computer and each taking up a separate 24MB of space.

I have turned off Syncing for this collection, yet it continues to download in the background. I have also signed out of CC and signed back in, same issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

It would be most straightforward to let them sync and then delete them. However, if you did any work on these photos in Lightroom mobile, then it will be the copies that are syncing that you'll want to keep, not the ones from your One Drive.

If you want to stop them from syncing, however, then delete them from Lightroom Photos on your mobile device. Photos that have already uploaded to the cloud, however, will still sync. The only way to delete these before they arrive on your computer is to go,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be most straightforward to let them sync and then delete them. However, if you did any work on these photos in Lightroom mobile, then it will be the copies that are syncing that you'll want to keep, not the ones from your One Drive.

If you want to stop them from syncing, however, then delete them from Lightroom Photos on your mobile device. Photos that have already uploaded to the cloud, however, will still sync. The only way to delete these before they arrive on your computer is to go, in Lightroom desktop, into Preferences, and on the Lightroom mobile tab, Delete All Data. This will delete all that is in the cloud - the photos you're referring to, but also all that you have synced from Lightroom desktop to your mobile device. (They will be resynced, however.) 

In the future, either don't import the images into Lightroom mobile, or don't import copies from your One Drive into Lightroom desktop. One of the strengths of Lightroom mobile is that all that is imported into it will automatically arrive in Lightroom desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's amazing! They only documentation I could ever find on anything said LRM would only store small, compressed images in the cloud. Had no idea it would save the RAW originals for me until I got to my computer.

I will let it download then. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Lightroom mobile has gotten some great improvements, including this ability. Before deleting anything though, verify - are the copies being synced in fact raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Note that what you read is still true going in the opposite direction - when you sync photos from Lightroom desktop  to Lightroom mobile, it is only small compressed raw files ("smart previews") that are synced up to the cloud and down to your mobile device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines