• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is hidden and won't reveal itself

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermittent problem: Adobe Photoshop window will just refuse to display.

Running: macOS Sierra 10.12.4, and Photoshop CC (2017), both up to date.

iMac intel core i7, 32 GB of ram.

Photoshop is running, but won't show itself.

I have a document open and unsaved, but cannot see any part of Photoshop except for the menu bar. If I hit Command-Q, I'll get an unsaved document dialogue, but still cannot see Photoshop.

None of the menu commands seem to help: I have tried a few in Window > Arrange > Consolidate to Tabs, and others, to no effect.

I hide all other apps and check all spaces and the Photoshop interface is nowhere to be found.

When I right-click the Photoshop app icon in the dock and choose "Show All Windows" I just see the desktop with a "No Available Windows" message.

Photoshop where the hell are you? I have work to do!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Window menu, see if "Application Frame" is checked on. Toggle it on and off. It's the third item from the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application Frame is ticked but greyed out, so I can't toggle it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try a Preferences Reset then.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. But it's an intermittent problem, so probably not going to know for a while if it's made a difference. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what graphics card you are using, but I know "update  the drivers" is not an option with OSX.

Try tamping down the settings and see if that helps. You could uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" as a troubleshooting step.

Photoshop GPU minimal settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. You can wait until you find out if Prefs Reset fixed it and then look at the graphics options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines