• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL color adjustment eyedropper gone?

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently experienced the disappearance off the eyedropper/color picker tool when I want to make adjustments in the HSL develop module in Lightroom CC. I click on the button in the panel next to either Hue, Saturation or Luminance in the panel but what shows up is the "zoom" icon over the image rather than the "color sampling" icon that normally shows up. No idea why this is happening but I cannot figure out how to get it back. LR CC is up to date, started and restarted and I still get the zoom icon everytime I try to make a color adjustment.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Its a new bug.  I have been able to get the tool back by randomly clicking the other headers in the panel such as HUE and then Saturation.  It also affected the "zoom selector" tool in the Detail panel.

see here for more info    Serious bug with the new release [HSL Saturation sliders not working]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a new bug.  I have been able to get the tool back by randomly clicking the other headers in the panel such as HUE and then Saturation.  It also affected the "zoom selector" tool in the Detail panel.

see here for more info    Serious bug with the new release [HSL Saturation sliders not working]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Eyedropper/color picker in Lightroom in the HSL Panel.  What you should see in the top left corner is an adjustment tool (circle with up and down arrows) whereby you can adjust a particular color on the photo by clicking on a color on the image and drag up or down.

Screenshot 2017-05-28 13.03.13.png

Do you not see this?

Perhaps you are confusing this with the White Balance Eyedropper in the Basic Panel.

Screenshot 2017-05-28 13.10.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't confusing it with anything...just didn't know what to call it. Per previous response, regardless of what it is called it appears there is a new bug with the latest release and the HSL sliders and color "adjustment tool" are not working properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be one of those pesky intermittent bugs.  Lightroom 2015.10.1 works OK on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe

Click on the zoom box tool in the upper left corner of the DETAIL panel.  That triggers it for me pretty often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob-  I have not yet seen this bug. Works OK on my PC,

..zoom box tool...

Are you referring to the circle with the exclamation mark? This enlarges image to 1:1

I click the icon, image zooms to 1:1, ....

ScreenShot297.jpg

Then I go to the HSL panel and select the TAT   (Targeted Adjustment Tool ),

The tool works fine for me, on the image,  any of the sliders can be changed by scrolling the mouse wheel, or L-Click and drag on the image.

ScreenShot298.jpg

[ CC2015.10.1  WIndows-10 ]

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc  wrote

Thanks Bob-  I have not yet seen this bug. Works OK on my PC,

..zoom box tool...

Are you referring to the circle with the exclamation mark? This enlarges image to 1:1

I click the icon, image zooms to 1:1, ....

ScreenShot297.jpg

For me the upper left has a little square and the upper right has a small 1:1 preview of the photo in the Detail panel.  I would post a clip but I am on an iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wobertc

I am now back at a computer.  Here is the "zoom box" everyone is referring to in the upper left corner of the Detail Panel.  You have to click the black triangle below DETAIL to open and close the tool.  Now that this tool seems to have a lot to do with this problem I will probably just close it till its fixed

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 6.26.40 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right Bob Somrak​; I tried it and it triggered the zoom tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely the tool in the DETAIL panel will also change into the TAT tool from the HSL panel.  This then seems to trigger the odd behavior of the TAT tools in the HSL and TONE CURVE panels.  I can usually get it to work correctly again if I randomly hit headers in HSL and the Esc Key.  Wired bug And very annoying as I use the TAT quite a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely something strange going on with the Detail panel.  I found that if I click on the define detail area tool in the detail panel and check the curser in the image, if the curser is not correct, I keep clicking and checking until it is correct which seems to take 2 or 3 tries.  After that is correct the Adjustment Tools in the HSL panel seem to work OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

​For theio

For those not confused but correct names dontcome to mind possibly use a wildcard name such as the whatsmacallit in the up left corner or shorter the thinkmadingee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen clips work best.  That way everyone is referencing the correct tool and panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doooh!  Another black triangle that you tell me about- and I thought I was well on the way to learning all of Lightroom's tricks.

But, try as I might, I do not see the bug as you, and others, describe.

I can (now, thanks to you) use the zoom tool in the Detail Panel, and the TAT still continues to adjust HSL in the HSL panel.

ScreenShot306.jpg  ScreenShot307.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will have to admit I FORGOT I could turn the zoom tool OFF in the Detail Panel with the little black triangle.  I seldom use it as I prefer to see the sharpening/noise in a 100% view of the main display.   Your screen clip reminded me I could turn it OFF.  THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper tool works at me either. Both on my laptop as well as on my iMac. It has always worked, but after the last update is the problem started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Bob!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines