Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit not syncing into Captivate 2017

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't seem to get my synced TypeKit fonts to appear in my font drop down within Captivate 2017.

I have done the following..

1. Clicked the Typekit icon
  2. Been taken to my typekit account on the CC
  3. synced a selection of fonts
  4. Returned to Captivate (and restarted it - just in case that makes a difference)
  5. Nothing extra has appeared in my font menu

Will I need to pay extra to make use of this feature?  I am currently on the free plan but it says I am allowed 20 synced fonts

I should add that I am currently on a trial version of Captivate 2017 - but normally this would not effect functionality

Thanks for you help with this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

That has sorted it.

So having the desktop CC app running is obviously essential!

Thanks again for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need indeed a TK plan, are you sure you don't have surpassed the 20 fonts? I am on CC subscription (100 fonts) but no longer on a trial version for CP2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check Character drop-down list?

I have new fonts after synchronised almost immediately.

PB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies

I have only synced 8 out of my 20 allowed fonts..

Yes I checked there in the character menu but there's no 'TypeKit fonts' section there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Another check:

Are you log in with Creative Cloud on your PC?

PB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Piotr OP has no CC account, only the free TK account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have made a test and I've logged out from Creative Cloud apps. on my PC and I don't have Typekit fonts area as well.

So, you have to have Creative Cloud installed on your PC to have to have the full functionality of Typekit function within CP 2017  I presume.

PB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have asked about it and got the answer that the free account to Tk would work as well, not only theTk account included with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the CC desktop app needs to running for the typeKit functionality to work. Unfortunately my cc desktop app needed updating but wouldn't update. So I uninstalled it and now it won't re-install. It keeps stopping halfway through installation. So, for now, I cannot progress...

Thanks so much for your ongoing help on this guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please go to the below location and rename the OOBE folder.

Windows : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Mac  : /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

After renaming download the download the Creative cloud desktop app using the link below and see if it helps.

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Regards

Himanshu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has sorted it.

So having the desktop CC app running is obviously essential!

Thanks again for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with output e.g. font replaced with Times New Roman!!!! I am looking for the solution, it would be wonderful if someone can help me to solve this problem.

I am using Captivate 2017 Trial, and my synced TypeKit fonts appear in my font drop down within Captivate 2017. I have published ( published for the device) the two files one with eLearning Output: Disable and other with eLearning output: SCORM.

ISSUE:

I can't get a successful result in both outputs, I have synced Typekit  font 'Fusaka STD' in my file for the testing and for both output this font is replaced with times new roman

REFERENCE: I have followed through each step mentioned in this video -

I have followed through each step mentioned in this video - Adobe Captivate 2017 - Typekit Integration - YouTube​

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any of the text in these objects dynamic, i.e. supplied by variables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod

Thanks for your response.

No there isn't any dynamic object !!!

Thank you

Purvee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Then my next question would be: Have you checked whether this particular font (Fusaka Std) is actually a web-safe font?  If it is not, do you still get Times New Roman replacing the text if you DO use one of the web-safe fonts that ship with Captivate (or another web-safe Type-kit font)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob

Yes, I tried with Captivate's inbuilt web safe fonts e.g. Trebuchet MS, Georgia and Arial. Published result of this font is same as it is, they are not replaced by Times New Roman.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Well that confirms my suspicion.  It looks like you need to stick with the fonts that Captivate offers.

This may be an issue that occurs with certain fonts but not others, even when the font claims to be web-safe.  I think you should report the issue to Adobe via their Bug Report form available from the link on the Captivate Community web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod for the reply. I reported this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources