Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making html-based manuals

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am currently researching viable options for my workplace, which produces manuals for electonics, in order to encourage paperless production of said manuals.

One of the many options raised was HTML-based manuals.

With that in mind, we have done a little research and found that, depending on the product, Java may or may not be allowed, due to browser restrictions, etc.

As such, we are looking at viable options and DW has been suggested by one of our staff who has moderate knowledge of HTML.

My question is, how flexible is the DW suite with regards to creating something like a HTML-based manual, where the Java script may/may not be compatible or where a index.html file may not be required due to internal software automatically creating a Table of Contents, based on the exisiting html files?

Further, if anyone has some better suggestion regarding software to use for HTML-based manual creation, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Dreamweaver will be very painful for this task. It'll be awkward to author and maintain. I think you're much better off looking at dedicated Help Authoring Tools to produce these manuals.

For example:

Robohelp

Adobe RoboHelp (2017 release)-For Personalized Content

Help and Manual

Help+Manual - The most popular help authoring and documentation tool

These tools offer single source, multiple output authoring so you're more likely to keep the manuals up-to-date and you can easily publish the same content

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dreamweaver will be very painful for this task. It'll be awkward to author and maintain. I think you're much better off looking at dedicated Help Authoring Tools to produce these manuals.

For example:

Robohelp

Adobe RoboHelp (2017 release)-For Personalized Content

Help and Manual

Help+Manual - The most popular help authoring and documentation tool

These tools offer single source, multiple output authoring so you're more likely to keep the manuals up-to-date and you can easily publish the same content to multiple devices e.g. desktop and mobile.

They also include every feature you need to produce and maintain engaging manuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines