Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon 5600 nefs not importing into lightroom

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have just upgraded to a Nikon 5600 and cannot import my nef files into lightroom (i had no problem with my Nikon 5000). When i go to import them the screen says "preview not available" but has all the files ticked. It did however import the video files on the same card. I can open them in photoshop but much prefer using Lightroom. I have the latest CC updates installed and am using Mac OS X El Capiton 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

If the CC App is not updating you, then next step might be to download and install  'manually' from this link-

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Expand the line  "> Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say "I have the latest CC updates".  Can you open Lightroom and on the 'Help' menu select [System Info...]

and report back with the first line in the info box.

It should look like this-

ScreenShot295.jpg

You need v6.8  CC2015.8 or higher for the Nikon D5600.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: CC 2015.6 [ 1078672 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.11 [6]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.9 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 315.8 MB (1.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 691.9 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015.6 [ 1078672 ]

Yes you need to update Lightroom.

Some people report that Lightroom tells them they are "up to date" when in fact they are not.

It might be useful to sign out of the Adobe Creative Cloud App, then Sign-in again.

You can also check for the updates by clicking the Gear wheel in the CC App.-

ScreenShot296.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just did the check for updates and it all came back with ticks - i will log out and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing - all up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the CC App is not updating you, then next step might be to download and install  'manually' from this link-

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Expand the line  "> Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I took your advice and reinstalled Lightroom CC and then the new update was there. ALL GOOD!!! Again thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally this is a problem with the camera being newer then the software. The Nikon D5600 needs LR 6.8 or 2015.8 to natively read the new NEF files.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

There was a problem where LR did not like reading images and videos from the same folders on the memory cards. I am not sure if this has been fixed yet. If it is still a problem, move the video files to a new folder on the card then do the image import again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved just the image files to the desktop but same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your response to Wobertc says you are using version 2015.6.  You need to upgrade to 2015.8 or higher, current version is 2015.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines