Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing raw files from Canon 5D Mark 2 camera into lightroom

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently worked with a second shooter on a wedding, who sent me her raw files, wich i cannot import to lightroom. I checked if there a updates available, but there are not. How can i fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shirley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom do you use?

Take a look here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Here you can see which LR-Version you need to open the appropriate RAW files.

Another way is to convert the RAWs into DNGs with the DNG converter from Adobe.

You can download the program here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raw support for the Canon 5DII was introduced back in LR2.2, so unless you are still running LR1 you should be able to import those raw files. So, can you give us some details of what happens when you try to import them, and what messages are you getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel and Jim,

Thanks for the answers. I am using lightroom 5.7 (for Windows) and i justed checked if there was an update, but there isnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.7.1 is the last in the version 5 series. There are no further updates.

As Jim said, this is not an issue with your version of Lightroom. Something else is happening. We need more information.

As Jim asked: So, can you give us some details of what happens when you try to import them, and what messages are you getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This is what happens when i try to import them:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select "New Photos" near the top (Instead of All Photos).

Why are the images that can't be imported name FOTOxxxx.CR2 and the ones that can are named 14N_xxxx.CR2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Makes you wonder if a couple of different cameras have been used. IIRC, the 5D2 doesn't allow the default naming scheme (IMG_xxxx.CR2) to be user-configured (unlike the 5D3 and presumably the 5D4), so either the files were renamed prior to import or they're not from a 5D2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines