• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Removal Tool and Wacom Pen

Explorer ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All, recently I have run into an issue with the spot removal tool in Camera Raw and my Wacom tablet. I have an Intuos Pro Small (PTH-451). I am using the latest updates to Photoshop. Running Windows 10 Pro with updates.

When using the spot removal tool in Camera Raw I used to be able to grab the "source" circle and re position it if I didn't like the the source location the tool chose. I never had any problem in the past using the pen to click and drag that source spot around.

Over the past couple of weeks instead of moving the spot, it tries to increase/decrease the size of it OR it starts making a new spot removal point. If I use the mouse this does not happen. I can sometimes get it to work as intended with the pen, but it is literally hit or miss. Could this be a side effect of the new pressure sensitive features added to Camera Raw. I believe the adjustment brush now support pressure so could this be a part of the reason?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here with Intuos Pro (medium) : Windows 10 and Photoshop CC2017.1.1 and ACR 9.10.1

I use the pen to pull the circle in/out to resize and I touchdown in the centre to drag and reposition it. The cursor symbol changes as I position then pen on the edge or centre.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and that is how mine has operated in the past. I would like it to go back to that behavior. If I use the mouse it operates as expected. With the tablet, it's rare that it does the operation I'm trying to perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using this driver for the Wacom. You may wish to check whether you are using the same

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 6.3.22-5 which seems much later. I'll try rolling back and see how that does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same results. 9 times out of ten it tries to remove a new spot from the location of the green circle instead of just moving the circle. Sometimes it will increase/decrease the size of the green circle. Once in a while it will actually move the circle as it should. Working with the mouse it always does as expected. until the last camera raw update I never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I'll just have to accept that the spot removal tool and tablets are broken for now. I just make the changes in Photoshop. Workflow is always having to be adjusted to suit "updates:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines