Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Text Animation (full beginner)

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I hope I won't bother you with this simple issue as I'm a beginner.

I have a very long text to animate (simple animation, text coming in and disappearing, that's all). So I put the text out of the screen zone before the animation, then inside it then out again when it has to go away when I want it to. The problem is.... How do I make it stay EXACTLY where it is (when on the screen)then leave when it has to leave? Cause when I set the position outside of the screen ... it starts moving out directly after it's been on its position on the screen...

For some reason it moves a bit around but never stays right in position before its time for it to leave the screen.

I hope I'm being clear here so anyone can help me.

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

L

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

You need to keyframe the position.

Go to the start of your composition, leave the cursor at the beginning, press P on the keyboard and move the left slider to the left so it will read as something like -21.0, 0.0. then bring your cursor to the middle of the comp, set the slider to 0.0, 0.0. Then move the cursor to the end and set the slider to 21.0, 0.0.

You'll probably want to have two keyframes around the centre if you want it to stay on screen motionless for a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to keyframe the position.

Go to the start of your composition, leave the cursor at the beginning, press P on the keyboard and move the left slider to the left so it will read as something like -21.0, 0.0. then bring your cursor to the middle of the comp, set the slider to 0.0, 0.0. Then move the cursor to the end and set the slider to 21.0, 0.0.

You'll probably want to have two keyframes around the centre if you want it to stay on screen motionless for a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH for taking the time to help me. You're an amazing person Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines