• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blemishes are showing on exported JPG, but not in Lightroom.

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with many of my photos that I have used spot removal and/or noise reduction, not exporting with my jpg files.  I am hoping it is just a simple step I'm not taking but I have tried to save photos using many different settings but still nothing. I am really just trying to size them for my IG and FB accounts, not for print at this time. I have attached my before and after photos as well as the export settings I am using. Thanks so much!

In Lightroom.PNGIMG_3853.jpglightroom settings.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 3 Thousand, 3,000, enter as the resolution. Reduce that to 300.

You show a very small image as what you are seeing in LR and a very large image as the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  I just tried that but still getting the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload that original image to Dropbox and post a link to it so we can see the original image.

If you Zoom in to that area of her face in the develop module do you see those blemishes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that.  The original as in the RAW file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the original RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from the ppi box being at 3000, which is entirely irrelevant to anything but printing, and not much to that either nowadays where actual pixel dimensions count -not archaic tags, your Detail panel settings are mind-boggling; Masking at 100 so that only the most extremely contrasty edges receive any real sharpening and of the other 95% of the image, maybe 10% receives inadequate sharpening and all the rest receives not even half enough to constitute "capture" sharpening to counteract the loss caused by the anti-alias filter in front of the sensor. Additionally, the Luma NR setting is at 100, a value that very few properly exposed modern cameras require at 1600 ISO. Between the two, a near total destruction of all image micro-detail is inevitable. Skin blemishes should be treated locally with the Spot Healing tool or with judicious local use of the Local Adjustment Brush tool - but not global tools like extreme NR and no sharpening to restrain it.

And you should always set your sharpening and NR with the display at 100% (1:1) zoom. Not because others will see the image from that perspective, but because only that way can you know what the tools are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your constructive criticism and advice are much appreciated. I am new to Lightroom so I am still trying to figure out settings and how to not butcher an image. Thank you again, I will defintly be taking your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software eding program were you using before you switched to LR?

If you're new to LR I suggest you view some online tutorials on it.

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post this image, the RAW image to Dropbox and post a link to download the file in this thread so we can have a go at the editing to give you some tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the photo.  I appreciate everyone's help.

Dropbox - IMG_3853.CR2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Those spots are present in the original RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what I did in a short time. Original RAW on right TIFF edit on left

Did some spot cloning in LR and applied some sharpening. I then sent the image to PS and applied a layer mask and lens blur to the bad area.

Touch Up.PNG

Here is the LR edited image.

LR Retouch.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines