• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I layer two different photos on top of each other in Elements 15?

Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble working out how to layer two photos on top of each other in Elements 15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

dinodog wrote:

Having trouble working out how to layer two photos on top of each other in Elements 15?

In Editor, go to the expert tab.

1. Open picture B, the one you wish to select something from to add to another picture.
  2. Use one of the selection tools, e.g. selection brush, lasso tool, to select the object. You will see an outline ("marching ants") once the selection is complete
  3. Go to Edit menu>copy to copy the selection to the clipboard
  4. Open picture A, then go to Edit>paste
  5. Use the move tool to positi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dinodog wrote:

In Editor, go to the expert tab.

1. Open picture B, the one you wish to select something from to add to another picture.
  2. Use one of the selection tools, e.g. selection brush, lasso tool, to select the object. You will see an outline ("marching ants") once the selection is complete
  3. Go to Edit menu>copy to copy the selection to the clipboard
  4. Open picture A, then go to Edit>paste
  5. Use the move tool to position object from picture B.
  6. In the layers palette you should see picture A as the background layer, and object B on a separate layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to elements 15 ( actually all of Photoshop) when I do steps 1-3 it tells me no pixels selected? This is with the lasso tool, this is a newly installed Version of Elements 15 on a PC running windows 10.  This was one of the closest questions to my need, my exercise for this photo is to levitate.  I need to know how to get two different pictures in the same layering View,  my background photo with no props, my top view the photo with my subject?

I have tried dragging and dropping the photos from my photo bin at the bottom of my screen it to my lawyers on the right, I'm sure there is a simple way of doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you are attempting to levitate.

Let's assume that you have a picture of a beach scene, and a separate picture of a dog in a park. Would your intent be to place the dog on the beach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines